Wednesday, January 20, 2010

December Happenings

So I know I'm a little late but here's some pics of our annual celebration of Same Klaus Tag. It happens to be one of my favorite and most exciting traditions and I love that Mike has indulged me to celebrate it every year. It was also nice since for Christmas we mostly asked for clothes, for Same Klaus Tag we got some toys (AKA toys, books, etc). We also started a new sub-tradition for Same Klaus Tag this year. I asked Mike to start giving me a children's Christmas book every year so we can start building our own collection. One of my favorite things to do at Christmas was to sit in front of the fire and read the same Christmas books (with amazing illustrations) every year. I want that tradition for our children as well so Mike started this year with copies of "Berenstein Bears Christmas Tree" and a new version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Loved them!
Funny note about Same Klaus Tag. This year it fell on a Sunday. That day in Relief Society the lesson was on how we need to focus less on Santa Claus. Ya, I thought that was kind of funny. Mike and I waiting to go home and celebrate "Santa Claus Day" or Same Klaus Tag!


Another fun happening in December was making gingerbread houses. I love making them every year (although it's a serious waste of candy). I didn't think I was going to be able to convince Mike to make one this year and then I was saved by Sammy! Sammy is a girl in our ward who invited us and another family over to their house to make gingerbread houses (Thank you so much guys!!). It was so much fun! I left absolutely ill from snacking during the long process of making our house but it was a riot watching everyone figure out how to make those again. Ours had some issues staying up (twice) but after one night left outside... it was holding strong all the way till the second week in January before it died a strong but definite death in the dumpster.


3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay... for the record. I LIKE Santa Claus. :) I'm sorry that lesson fell on the same day as your Santa Klaus celebration day. :) OOPS!

How is RS going? You doing okay juggling everything? Did you ever get a new VT coordinator?

The Mansfields said...

Oh Tannie, I know you love Santa Claus! It was just funny timing. Carla and I were laughing off to the side because you have to admit, it's a little ironic.

R.S. is going pretty well. It's a balancing act. If I can't/don't think about it for a few days then all of a sudden I realize I have lots of things to do and I'm behind. The Lord is helping me and has helped me so much, so I know it will be okay. I would never be able to do it without Him, Kym, Janae, Camille and Vienna! Wow, what a blessing.

Yes, the new VTing coordinator is Sara Christenson.

Wish upon a Starr said...

So, what exactly is Same Klaus Tag? I have never heard of that before? Shoes instead of stockings? Need to know!!