Friday, May 14, 2010

Just Call Him Master Mansfield


Bring on the accounting jokes, jests and jabs... cause he's an accountant baby!
(And soon to be a CPA!)

I am incredibly proud of my fantastically intelligent and hard-working husband! At his young age, he's accomplished so much. On May 6th, he graduated from Utah State with his masters in accounting. Now he's anxiously awaiting starting with Deloitte next week (4-6 months earlier than previously expected!). You can almost taste his relief of putting school behind him. Although he's not a huge fan-- he graduated with his MAcc, at age 25 with an outstanding (hope he doesn't mind me sharing) 3.93 GPA. I know, he amazes me as well. Again, it's hard to describe how proud I am of him as well as grateful for his dedication to provide for us. I know very few people who work as hard as him. I'm attributing that to some seriously impressive parenting and role models throughout his life.

Graduation was a whirlwind of a weekend with Mike's family coming out to stay from Vernal. On Thursday, Mike's sister Megan and her husband Mike (yep, you read that correctly. There are two Megan's and two Mike's in the family. We just like to keep it interesting.) came to stay with us at the new house. It was so fun being able to host someone finally. It's been our hope for a long time now that we would have a home where family would have room to come and stay with us. Thankfully, we now have at least one room with a bed (nothing else really in it) for just such visitors. Anyway, Megan, Mike and Chloe all came and stayed Thursday. On Friday morning, we all drove to Logan to meet Mike's parents, sister and niece. It was a long graduation ceremony but so worth it to see Mike get hooded. Below are his pre-hooding picture (waiting in line) and post-hooding picture (notice the presence of a smile here!).

Afterwards, Mike's sister and brother-in-law threw this wonderful BBQ for Mike as a gift. We went and had great food, our fill of laughs (my body actually hurt) and played some competitive games of HORSE. It really was an awesome day. Plus, on top of that, Mike's sister, brother in law, niece and parents all came back and stayed at the house. It was a great weekend and a monumental step in Mike's professional career. Thank you to all the family and friends who supported Mike not only on this day, but every day he worked towards his goals!

What's next, you ask? CPA exam here we come...

9 comments:

Rick and Camille said...

That's great! Congrats Mike on graduating!

Eric and Jenny said...

Congratulations to your husband, that's is wonderful and I bet such a relief to be done with at least this much school. Good luck with the CPA exam, I am sure he will do great.

Megan and Mike Glines said...

Congrats Mikey!! So proud of you. Thanks for letting us stay at your house. I am glad that you have a safe neighborhood and that we didn't get rapped. We love you guys. Oh, and Megan forgot to post the winners of Horse.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Way to go Mike! That really is an amazing accomplishment. Especially when you see what goes in to an accomplishment like that... you know he deserves everything he gets.Congrats

Michele and Wyatt said...

Congratulations Mikey! We are sorry that we weren't able to be there. It has something to do with those hard working Mansfield's. We are glad that we were able to see your house on Saturday. I love it! It is beautiful. Sorry we missed seeing you. I hope you had a fun girls night out.

Sammy said...

congrats mike! that is very impressive way to go. We miss you guys already, hope the house is coming along great, hope you post pictures!

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Congrats! That's super cool that there are two Mike and Megan's in your family.

Nate and Keshia said...

Yay Mike!! Congratulations. You two are the most incredible people I know. I can't wait to see your house! We need to plan something since last time I completely flaked out on you (many sincere apologies!). And that's hilarious you have in-laws with the exact same names. I can only imagine the confusion that creates at times. :)

Wish upon a Starr said...

My little brother looks so grown up!! I'm so proud of you!!! As cheesy as it is, it brought tears to my eyes as I read about it and saw the pictures. You sure got a good guy!! Then, at the same time, I still think he "married up". You guys are quite an impressive pair. Congrats to both of you.
We are sad we missed it all. Thanks for blogging the pictures. (Believe it or not, those are the first I have seen of the pictures.) Sounds like it was a blast! We love you guys!!! And best wishes to the both of you!