Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving



Well Thanksgiving this year came and went faster than ever. Mike and I went to both our homes for Thanksgiving and it was lot a food and family for one short break... but we loved it. These are the pictures from Thanksgiving at my house as we prepared to have all the cousins, aunts, uncles and friends over for the day. This was our "potato peeling party". 4 bags of potatoes, 5 people, one cut finger from a peeler, 30 minutes later... mashed potatoes to feed the masses. It was really fun in the kitchen with everyone! (p.s. Jonny doesn't usually wear war paint to attack the cooking but he'd just returned from playing football with the Murpheys... which apparently, requires war paint!?)
Mmmm.... Turkey and a bowl full of my Aunt Linda's homemade rolls! This year I tried new recipes. Lemon cake and bacon, spinach and asiago cheese stuffed mushrooms... yum!

The best thing about Thanksgiving this year was getting to laugh and play with family. The highlights of the break were probably playing around-the-world ping pong after the Thanksgiving meal at my house, Mike and the boys dirtbiking at his and all of his family showing me the movie "A Christmas Story" for the first time ever...


4 comments:

Brad and Kimberly said...

Megan! I am so glad you caved and got a blog. Reading up on everybodies lives gets me through my boring substitute teaching jobs! It's great to hear from you!

Kevin, Chelsey, and Boston Pugh said...

Hey I'm so glad you looked me up, you look so good and what a fun family. How is everything going hows your family well it great to hear from you.

About Us said...

Where was I in all the Turkey fun? Oh yeah, I was making a whole lotta corn downstairs! :-)

The Mansfields said...

That's right... whatever happened to all that corn?! =)