Friday, June 17, 2011

Au"D" Day

It finally came.... graduation day! After taking college courses ever spring, summer, fall and winter since I was fifteen years old (one third of my life!), I'm finally done!

Megan Mansfield, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology

It was an exciting and surreal day. One which meant the world to me to share with my incredible supportive husband and families.

Seriously, they don't make husbands more supportive than this. I think he was almost more excited than I was about this day. It was twice as fun to celebrate this day with him than it was to celebrate my undergraduate without him. He's my world.

Mike's family. They drove all the way from Vernal and Brigham City! I love them!

My awesome family. My sister said she may not have driven 4 hours to get there but she still had to sit through a 3 hour boring ceremony... so she wants her sacrifice acknowledged. :)

My fellow doctors. I've shared a majority of my life with these people. We've quizzed each other, cried, celebrated and traveled to three different countries together... they are my family too. I am so proud of each of them and happy to have them as colleagues.

Most of all, I have to thank my Heavenly Father for helping me through these incredibly stressful, exciting, grueling and rewarding years of my life. I had my dad and then Mike give me a blessing at the beginning of each year and nothing short of miracles poured forth.

7 comments:

About Us said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! You have worked incredibly hard! I am so proud of you! Now, will you get to the "real" business? ;) I love you Megz!

(P.S. I am with Ree, but she should have brought the portable DVD player and watched a show or something.)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Ah Megan you are so incredible! I am very impressed you made it that far. It was fun to see you graduate... but I have to agree that was THE LONGEST CEREMONY EVER! haha. I know what a sacrifice it was for Karl to get his masters and it only took him a little over a year. I can only imagine what you and your poor husband have had to go through. Way to go.

Brad and Kimberly said...

congrats! So do we call you Dr. now? You are amazing. Way to go!

Michele and Wyatt said...

We are so proud of you and so glad to call you family. Sorry we couldn't make the graduation (sorry we missed seeing you, not sorry we missed the long ceremony). You are amazing! Mike is just as lucky to have you, as you are to have him. We love you both.

Eric and Jenny said...

Congratulations, really what an accomplishment, you must be so proud of yourself. Being a slacker in the school area myself I can't even begin to imagine what this moment must mean to you.

Nate and Keshia said...

YAY!!! Congratulations Dr. Megan! You are so inspiring. I am really happy for you. I'm also coming to Utah again in July and would love to see you. We are going to make a record of times spent together in a year and all it took was me moving out of state! :)

Kym said...

Congrats Megan!!! That's SOOOO awesome!!!!!!!!! I sure miss chatting with you in our Sunday morning meetings. How awesome it is to say that your a DR!!! WOW!