Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thai Food


Thai food is a new love for Mike and I... but, boy, do we love it! For over a year, I've wanted to eat at this new place in Riverton called Thai Basil. One of Mike's co-workers this week told him it was excellent. We went last night and it was delicious! The decor was nice, our waiter was fantastic and the food was wonderful. We loved the cream-cheese wontons. Not overly fried and smooth cream cheese inside. We got the standard go-to Pad Thai and the waiter's recommendation of Pad Prick Sod (wowza, spicy!). The other thing I loved about it was the menu included an Asian mix... Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese (I once had Vietnamese in Miami and it was one of the best things I ever ate!) with lots of vegetarian choices. I love trying new places and it's rare that they're actually worth the adventure. My parents are also new Thai lovers so Mike and I will have to take them there. I hope they stay in business... so you should all try it! :)

P.S. Sorry this is a no-picture post. I had just showered with no make-up and no hair-do (a result of a spa afternoon gone terribly wrong-- that post coming soon) when we went out... hardly picture worthy!


6 comments:

Michele and Wyatt said...

I'm so jealous of you having good places to go out to eat. We really lack in that department.

About Us said...

I don't think I have ever had that. I wanna date night with you guys! I LOVE cream cheese wontons!!!

About Us said...

I meant "Thai" not "that." ;)

The Mansfields said...

Michele-- you're all welcome to come out and stay with us!! We'd love to have you! Especially after how many times you've had us! Then we can hit up all the good places to eat. :)

Bonz, that would be so fun! Especially since you've never tried Thai! Let's plan it! Right now, in fact. What does yours and Shane's next week look like? This week is kind of crazy for us but next week Mike and I could do a Mon/Tues/Wed night. Available?

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

WE LOVE THAI FOOD! Next time you are in San Jorge, go eat at Benja's. Try their Pad See U noodles. To DIE for!

The Mansfields said...

Nikki!! I'll have to call you when we are in St. George next... I freakin' miss seeing you!! How's life??