Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas with a BANG!

Mike and I decided to get ourselves a gun for Christmas. Mike owns a shotgun but we (I) felt like in an emergency, we would need something more manageable to whip out. So bless my hubby's heart, one day near Thanksgiving he said, "Let's go look for a gun for you!" Not a phrase I'd really imagine hearing directed to me {ever} as we never had ANY guns in our house growing up... Nonetheless I was excited about this new purchase!
So Mike and I went to Basin Sports in Vernal and I had my first gun-buying lesson. The guy at the counter recommended a revolver for me. Revolver?! Psht... clearly this man does not know how many episodes of Alias I've watched (and re-watched and RE-watched) in my life. Sydney Bristow would never carry a revolver! :) So of course- we had to move on down the line to the 9mm pistols. That's just the gun a spy would carry, folks. Okay, ok, I'll stop projecting my secret desires to be a CIA spy. Mike was so sweet and let us pick out a gun with a smaller hand grip for my small hands. Fits perfectly and surprisingly, I have great pride in my little, big gun.

We tried it out a few days later at the outdoor range in Vernal.
From happy...
to HARDCORE! :)
He's so handsome.
I just love a man holding a 9mm gun (Vaughn... cough, cough) Jk! Ok, really, I'll stop with the Alias comments.
No lie... I actually hit the bullseye! (The above picture has not been doctored in any way)

Alright, it only happened once and there may have been more on the dirt hill behind then on the target... but hey, you gotta brag when you get 'em.

I'm quite surprised how happy I am with this new purchase. Not only do I feel more secure in our home but I just feel tough---just by owning it. Yes, I know I'm far from it but somewhere deep inside... I'd like to think that I am. :)

Thanks to mom and dad Mansfield for contributing to our Christmas gift!!

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay, this makes me smile. :) You two are so fun. I love the first picture of you two as well - you look great. I can't believe how long it's been since I saw you.

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I love your hair! Also, hurray for almost being like a CIA agent!

About Us said...

LOL!!! I love that owning a gun makes you feel more empowered! I will still wrestle you to the ground...LOVE YOU!!