Sunday, June 14, 2009

And the winner is...

A tie?!

Two weeks of checking back and forth and this is what we end up with. 11 to 11. Kind of anticlimactic huh? I would just like to say that earlier today the polls were considered done when picture B was ahead by two votes. Picture B--- MY picture! Woohoo, right? So we took our victory and not-so-victorious photos this afternoon and then I logged on to post the results... and what happened? Two people voted tonight to make it an even tie!! I can't believe it. Mike is next to me laughing (Mmwuahaha!) and saying I can't take the earlier results. Which I find ironic considering today when I told him I pulled ahead in the polls by 2 votes he said (I quote), "Well, I wasn't in it for the competition. Just for the fun..." Uhhh... yea right. Spoken like a classic man who was about to get his pride publicly handed to him by his wife. =)
So here's the lesson here, making a gift into a contest only ends up in one thing... a lousy tie! What's the fun in that?! Just kidding! Well, I guess we were an even match and both get to have one hand on the "I-was-right-trophy" at least for now... ;)
Thanks all for playing along with us!

(Just for fun... here are the victory photos)


Picture A taker /Picture B taker


(This just proves that pride cometh before the fall...)

7 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

You two seriously crack me up!! I LOVE the victory/loser pictures. :)

Wish upon a Starr said...

You guys are awesome!! I love it. Little Mikey's comment sounds just like something he would say. Your victory pics are funny too. You two keep us all laughing, thanks!!

Shantel said...

We love your posts, they have kept us entertained while driving and driving and driving! Thanks again! And congrats (to the both of you)!!

About Us said...

I love Mike! I am so glad that he is in our family! (now before you go into a tirade about how much I should love you too, I do love you bunches and bunches...I did vote for B) I am so excited to see you guys next week and sit with you at the "cousin table." Thanks for changing my name on your blog too. She can be taught!

Michele and Wyatt said...

I totally thought picture B was Mikey's picture, because Wyatt, Melanie, and Megan all voted for that one. I thought it was a family thing. I guess he's just the black sheep of the family.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

hahaha oh boy. I love it. You two are so funny. I do love your victory pictures though!

Jospeh and Brittany said...

Megz you are so funny:) I will have you know i voted for B:):) Wadda great minds think alike:)