Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rafting the Green

A couple weekends ago we were finally able to go home to visit our family in Vernal. I love going to Vernal! It's alway a fun getaway with lots of activities, family and laughs. This trip out we did something we've never done before-- raft the Green River! I was so excited because I've never rafted any river, ever. Amber and Thomas get the credit for coordinating this excursion and I am impressed with how quickly they planned it and we carried it off. Let's hear a wahoo for new adventures. Check out the pictures of our rockin' fun day!
Love being outdoors! This is us getting ready to launch.
We had a little picnic lunch at the push-off site.
I think these monsters are ready to get rowing...
Sandwich, anyone? :)
Baby Max
We are rocking the shades and ready to rock the river.
Off we go!
Kameron & Ben
What you doing allllll the way back there boys?

My boy- oh how I love him.
Chloe & I!
Look how beautiful this is! Floating on this scenic scape was serene.
Kameron, Stephanie & Ben. Once in our raft we caught a rock, steph fell forward and knocked Ben out of our boat right into the rapids! He did a great job at staying calm and pretty much went round and round till the next boat got him. That was about as much excitement as we saw that day.
Raft #2. Big Mike literally had bloody blisters the next day from rowing so hard.
Wyatt took a few dips in the river. This time may or may not have been my fault for not getting a bottle throw quite to him in the other boat.
Alys & Chloe
It's a rafting train!
Boat #3
Abby working hard...
Maddox at the end of the trip
Abby resting from her hard work
Brinlee playing frisbee
I just thought this picture was so cute of Chloe frolicking in the water. ;)

WE LOVE OUR VERNAL TRIPS AND LOVE OUR FAMILIES!!

No comments: